cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS Active MQ - Failed to validate account

avinashpatil
New Contributor

Hello Friends,
Need a help configuring JMS ActiveMQ account.
After trying multiple configuration settings still not able to validate account.
Please suggest solution. Find the attached configuration.

JMS_MQ
TCP connectivity test.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok. There are limitations with a trial account. A Groundplex isn’t available, which means to access your Active MQ instance, your machine needs to be accessible over the Internet!

A Groundplex is a plex that is customer-managed, and so you could install other software on it, such as Active MQ. The Groundplex can be an on-premise instance or cloud-based instance. Cloudplexes, by contrast, are cloud-based and managed by SnapLogic.

It sounds like your experimenting with Active MQ. Many of the cloud providers allow you to spin up this service. I think Amazon’s MQ wraps Apache Active MQ.

I don’t want this to tarnish your impression of SnapLogic, because we really do have a big offering. I didn’t realize you were on a trial account.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Oh Yes, Good point. Yes, I have run the pipeline on Snaplex and on the same machine as the installed JMS instance. Do I need to whitelist my local machine IP address within SnapLogic Cloud ?

The Snaplex will need to be able to access the host and port for wherever the Active MQ broker is running. I’m not sure of the level of access you have to your SnapLogic environment. There likely needs to be some additional configuration to access your machine, assuming it is accessible. I can try to help though!

I am using trial version of SnapLogic for hands on, How can i connect or share more details ?

Ok. There are limitations with a trial account. A Groundplex isn’t available, which means to access your Active MQ instance, your machine needs to be accessible over the Internet!

A Groundplex is a plex that is customer-managed, and so you could install other software on it, such as Active MQ. The Groundplex can be an on-premise instance or cloud-based instance. Cloudplexes, by contrast, are cloud-based and managed by SnapLogic.

It sounds like your experimenting with Active MQ. Many of the cloud providers allow you to spin up this service. I think Amazon’s MQ wraps Apache Active MQ.

I don’t want this to tarnish your impression of SnapLogic, because we really do have a big offering. I didn’t realize you were on a trial account.

Thanks so much