cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

JSON Splitter for an Split column

pranil2k2
Contributor

Hi,
I have a requirement to read multiple XML files data and load into Oracle table. I am using Directory browser to read the list of XML files and passing the path to File reader and then XML Parser, from XML parser the output is given to mapper there i am splitting the data on a column using xx.split(โ€˜\nโ€™). The output from mapper is given to JSON Splitter to split on xxx, this is working good for one XML file, if i try to process for multiple XML files the JSON split is not working as excepted.

Even i tried by creating child pipeline and passing path value, but i am getting same results. it is splitting one XML properly and other XML with only one record.

Please some one can advice here.

As per my understanding, the Directory browser will execute one file at a time, please correct me if i am wrong.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pranil2k2
Contributor

Thanks for the help. i didnt do any changes but now the JSON splitter is working as excepted. i just delete every thing and re created.
Thanks again

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

i can provide the pipeline but the sample files may be data privacy issue.
EMA_Load_XML_Data_to_Table_2021_03_29.slp (16.5 KB)

as i explained, i have XML files, in XML we have a x column which need to split on /n (new line character), which i did it in mapper using split function. by default the output of split function is an Array (i also used sl.ensurearray function) and then i passed the column to JSON splitter. The splitter has to split array elements, but for multiple files the splitting is not happening as excepted. sorry, i cant share files is any other way i can share the screen?

koryknick
Employee
Employee

Can you simplify the XML and mask the sensitive data? Without seeing something of the structure you are working with, Iโ€™m not sure how we might be able to help.

pranil2k2
Contributor

Thanks for the help. i didnt do any changes but now the JSON splitter is working as excepted. i just delete every thing and re created.
Thanks again