cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for sample API pipeline

mtran21
New Contributor III

Iโ€™m tasked to build a pipeline for API service. This pipeline will accept API calls for GET/PUT/POST/DELETE to a database table.

I am lost at how to get started. Please show me your example.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

marija_nikolovs
New Contributor II

Hello @mtran21

Hereโ€™s a simple pipeline for GET call:
RESTGet_MySQL

Iโ€™m using the following Service URL to GET weather info in this case for London:

RESTGET
As you can see, you need to provide your APPID, you will have that after successful registration on the OpenWeatherMap.

Thereโ€™s a lot of different ways to get weather information about one or more cities.
Also, you can make this or another call using pipeline parameters as query parameters.

After a successful api call, you need a mapper, to make your data flat and to map only needed fields.

And then you can insert data in DB table, in this case Iโ€™m using MySql. No matter which DB you use, you are going to need an Account.

Hope this will help.
BR,
Marija

Hi @marija.nikolovska
Thank you for your help. I actually was looking for way to create my own API. My mistake was not explaining more detail from beginning.

Letโ€™s say I have a database (SQL or Oracle) with a table that has Customer data. I want to use SnapLogic to build an API pipeline so that I can hand the API URL to web developers, so that they can use my API URL to GET the data from the database, or Post to the database, etc.

I hope that makes sense. Thanks again for your help.

Linus
Former Employee

Does the HTTP Router Snap help you? With such a Snap, you can expose your Pipeline as a Triggered Task, and route to a specific operation (e.g SQL Read, SQL Delete) based on the routing on the HTTP verb. Just make sure you use a Union Pipeline to group all unbound output views into a single one

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

Hi @mtran21

The below post can help you to complete your task, in case you are using Ultra Tasks.

If you are using Triggered tasks, I am not sure if the Triggered tasks deliver components of the https message to the associated pipeline as a fields in the JSON document. In that case, one possible solution is the sender should pass the operation(GET/POST/PUT/DELETE) as a query parameter, so you can use a router snap to route every request based on the operation.

Regards,
Spiro Taleski