cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pass parameter from child pipeline to parent pipeline

dwhansen-cbg
Contributor

I have a parent pipeline that executes a child pipeline. The child pipelineโ€™s sole purpose to write a single row to a logging table. After writing to the logging table, the child pipeline runs a Select Snap to get the newly inserted log_id.

My question is: is it possible to pass the log_id from the child pipeline back to the parent pipeline as a parameter? I know itโ€™s possible to pass it as a document (and join with other documents in my parent pipeline) but then that causes all sorts of other issues.

Main question, is it possible to set a parentโ€™s parameter from a child pipeline?

3 REPLIES 3

akidave
Employee
Employee

Pipeline parameters cannot be modified once a pipeline execution starts. The child pipeline cannot modify the parent pipelines parameters. The log_id would have to go in the output document which goes to the parent.

@akidave Can you please submit a feature request? It would be INCREDIBLY useful to be able to pass parameters in both directions parent โ†’ child and child โ†’ parent. Global pipeline variables would be very useful too.

Seconding all of this.