cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Passing values containing < > in XML generator with "Escape special characters" turned ON

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Iโ€™ve some fields containing < > (html tags) that needs to go into XML generator and provide desired output however the fields come in as a raw string and doesnโ€™t do itโ€™s work as โ€œEscape special charactersโ€ in XML generator has been turned ON. If this option is turned off, the pipeline doesnโ€™t even run.

Any workaround on how to ingest <> in XML generator with the pipeline running as well?
Thanks!

Best Regards,
DT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Values inside tags like < >, etc can not be ingested into XML Generator without any customization. By default, those values will be converted to snapLogicโ€™s predefined symbols which can be found in the below 2 links:
Link 1
Link 2

I went with a different route for my development so the concern I was having has been resolved. Instead of passing those values inside < > (native html tags) inside an XML generator, I defined the html format in mapper/file writer itself so the format took care of the required output. Remember, the file name should be .html (if the use case is to generate html files; the format could be different as per the use case) to see these changes happening.

The suggestions/solution given above on this thread may work, I havenโ€™t tried it and there is another thread discussing the same: Similar Thread_1

Signing off from this thread!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

alchemiz
Contributor III

@alchemiz: This should work for generating html files as well, right?

While I appended some tags as seen in the snap below, I wanted them to function like native html tags however it is just printing them:

As per my understanding, a href =" "> should have been hyperlinked to ClickMe and
should have brought the remaining text to the next line. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Regards,
DT

Hey @darshthakkar,

The logic for dynamically creating URLs can be done in a mapper just before the XML Generator, and in the generator you can simply access that incoming field within the โ€œaโ€ tag, like this:

<a href="$URL">Click me</a>

Try this and let me know if it works for you.