cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pipeline execute maximum recursion calls depth

Noushin
New Contributor

Hi Team,

I have designed pipeline to make recursive calls using pipeline execute snapโ€ฆin one scenario i got an error at the 64th iteration tat it โ€˜โ€˜cannot execute any more child pipelinesโ€™โ€™ and i found in pipeline execute snap documentation that it cannot exceed more than 64 depth b4 they begin failingโ€ฆ

But wen i executed the same pipeline after a weekโ€ฆits taking 150 iterationsโ€ฆhow is this possibleโ€ฆ

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @koryknick - My scenario is I have to load all the data from the given data source. The maximum records it can send me in one iteration is 50k(its configurable)

I have designed pipeline in such a way,

pipeline XYZ first invokes the backend using soap execute snap, which returns 50k records in first iteration and I have used router snap to check the condition if the record count is less than 50k then i stop the pipeline else I invoke same pipeline XYZ within itself โ€ฆ(XYZ calling XYZ) until the condition is metโ€ฆ

This recursive invocation rytโ€ฆ

koryknick
Employee
Employee

@Noushin - thank you for confirming that you are doing recursion.

Can you provide the RUUID of the parent pipeline that executed 150 deep? Iโ€™m going to see if someone from the platform team can take a look since it doesnโ€™t correspond with our documentation or my experience with recursion.