cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pipeline execution timeout

kmiesse
Contributor

I have subpipelines started via the Pipeline Execute snap in a parent that runs continuously (not Ultra) as a listener. There may be long periods of no documents flowing through the parent to the subpipeline. The subpipeline contains a DB snap that has a timeout for its connection. The subpipeline fails with this timeout if enough data isnโ€™t flowing through it often enough. I want to terminate the subpipeline if it hasnโ€™t had any documents through it after X amount of hours. Is there a way from within the subpipline or its parent to monitor this and terminate the subpipeline?

6 REPLIES 6

tstack
Former Employee

Ah, I was hoping the JMSConsumer had a timeout. It does have a โ€˜Control Destinationโ€™ that I think you can use to stop it.

The ability to stop a scheduled task after a period of time was added in the 4.10 release (see the tasks page). Be aware that stopping a pipeline is a pretty harsh operation, any snaps that are actively working will be interrupted and you might lose data.

Thanks, I will look into the Control Destination.

Ultimately I think the best solution would be if the DB snaps re-connected upon a connection timeout instead of erroring out. Do you know if that is a near-future enhancement?