Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent further execution if an error occurred in a snap

jibin_s
New Contributor II

Dear Community - 

Thanks for your help/support!

In this pipeline, how do I prevent In-Memory Lookup to execute when the REST Get snap fails? I see the sequence of execution is also incorrect. The snap In-Memory Lookup runs even before the REST Get snap runs. Please advise!

jibin_slalom_0-1699053212139.png

jibin_slalom_2-1699053518189.png

7 REPLIES 7

koryknick
Employee
Employee

@jibin_s - The reason that the In-Memory Lookup is being called is because you have "handled" the error from the Pipeline Execute by opening the error view on that snap, so the output view successfully closes and the In-Memory Lookup snap gets no data in the 121 bottom path (empty result) and still has the data from the 117 path, which is a perfectly valid state.  Because SnapLogic is a streaming platform, I believe the In-Memory Lookup and all subsequent snaps in that path are simply finishing before the Exit snap has a chance to fail out the pipeline.

jibin_s
New Contributor II

Thanks, @koryknick!

That makes sense. But for achieving my logic, I had so restructure my pipeline. For further reference, I have mentioned the changes in my latest reply to @alchemiz

koryknick
Employee
Employee

@jibin_s - If you move the highlighted snaps into a child pipeline and check the success of the return, it will prevent the downstream from executing.

koryknick_0-1699300445167.png