cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salesforce Subscriber Snap Issue

mvitale
New Contributor

Hello,

We’re using the Salesforce Subscriber Snap to subscribe to a Platform Event in our Org and have noticed that it will suddenly stop picking up new events after a period of time (typically after the pipeline has been running for a few weeks). Stopping and re-starting the pipeline results in things working again.

We do have an error pipeline defined, so I do not believe things are failing due to an error. It just seems to stop “listening” for new events.

Has anyone experienced this or have any recommendations?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

By any chance has similar behavior been reported for the publisher snap for platform events? We are investigating an issue with delayed publishing of platform events where no errors were reported.

Delayed by what amount of time? Should there be errors reported if it’s just delayed? What version of the snap are you using?

They were delayed by several days - as if they failed to publish without an error being reported for several runs of the snap then all published at once. I have a team member who actually manages the snap setup who should be able to provide details that I can’t such as the version of the snap and I will share this link with her. I was just curious because I stumbled on this topic if the same type of issue could cause issues on the publishing side.

Leilah
New Contributor

Hi,

I’m on the snaplogic team at Lindsay’s org and I wanted to add the version of the Salesforce snap pack we use is the default main-17386. And we prefer to know if there is a delay because once we publish the event and don’t see an error we assume that salesforce receives the event within a few minutes. It created some confusion because from our side everything looked like it ran as expected with no issues, but on the Salesforce side they didn’t receive the events and jobs relying on those events didn’t run that day but it didn’t seem like there was anything we could change within pipeline since the events did eventually publish a few days later.

Thanks,
Leilah

Hi Leilah,

Is the Publisher snap in a long-running pipeline like an Ultra pipeline?
What are the values of the Batch size and Batch timeout settings?