cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Saving csv in UTF-8 by default

Harsha3
New Contributor III

Hi Gooday,

I have a requirement to save the csv file in UTF-8 by default . However in csv formatter we have UTF-8 encoding option , on writing the file in โ€œFile Writerโ€ using externsion.csv it is getting saved as comma delimited . However, the format / data are preserved while editing in notepad , but on downloading and opening , the data format is getting changed as it is a special character. So please let us know is there any option to achieve this.

Thanks,
Harshavardhana

9 REPLIES 9

Harsha3
New Contributor III

Hi ,

Please let me know if I can attach the screenshot here.

Please go ahead.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

Harsha3
New Contributor III

Hi Dmiller,

These are some sample files below with Taiwanese characters.

If I open one of the files as highlighted in yellow in edit mode these characters were preserved.

But if I download/ directly open the file these characters are changed.

This is because though the characters are in UTF-8 as defined in csv formatter , on saving the csv it is by default comma delimited.

How to by default change this to UTF-8 while writing the files in csv .

Thanks,
Harshavardhana

Can you please clarify the context for each of these screenshots? Itโ€™s unclear what each is showing.

Where are you seeing the list of files in the first screenshot? What produced those files? Snaps?

When you say โ€œIf I open one of the files as highlighted in yellow in edit modeโ€, what exactly do you mean? Opening where/how?

When you say โ€œBut if I download/ directly openโ€, what do you mean by that? Download from where? Whatโ€™s the difference between โ€œopenโ€ and โ€œdirectly openโ€?