cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Saving Excel document from zip file gives unexpected results

jfpelletier
New Contributor III

Hello all,

I'm doing something really simple, but I'm stuck with a basic issue that I don't really understand the root cause.

I'm running the pipeline below, which simply downloads a zip file from a server (using HTTP Client), writes the zip on the sldb, then reads the content of the zip before writing the file(s) that are archived in the zip.

jfpelletier_0-1711395865386.png

My issue is that the zip file that I download has only one Excel document in a subfolder. When I try to use an expression to rename the file and write it to the root of the sldb, my document is not an Excel, it is a JSON (with an Excel name).

In my "File Writer" snap I use this expression for the file name: $['content-location'].replace(/\//, '-')

This is the value of $['content-location'] before the expression: 

"content-location" : "sk_SK/Captions - Document 4120202-1-6.xlsx"

This is the JSON that I get instead of the Excel:
{
"content-location":"sk_SK/Captions - Document 4120202-1-6.xlsx",
"content-type":"application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet",
"content-length":3453,
"last-modified":"2024-03-25T18:15:24.000Z",
"zip-filename":"520277541.zip",
-- etc.. --
}

Now, if I set a fixed name for the Excel in the File Writer (for example, "myExcel.xlsx") then I get the expected Excel document, it is correctly saved.

I must be doing something wrong when I use the expression in the File Writer snap, I just can't figure out why I cannot write the documents from the zip file directly in the root of the sldb...

Anyone have a clue at what I am doing wrong?

Thanks all in advance,

JF
0 REPLIES 0