cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Snaplogic Service Account Unauthorized?

JPaps
New Contributor III

Hi, I have configured a pipeline to trigger another pipeline via triggered task. The first pipeline triggers the second one by calling a triggered taskโ€™s secured REST URL, using the REST GET snap. I have tested the REST authentication for this purpose by using my own credentials as basic authentication and found success.

However, when I create a SnapLogic account and tick the โ€œProvision this user as a service account.โ€ checkbox, then use this accountโ€™s credentials to authenticate the REST call, I get an โ€œUnauthorizedโ€ error.

I canโ€™t find helpful documentation for this, am I configuring this account wrongly?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bojanvelevski
Valued Contributor

Hi @JPaps,

By default the service account does not have an access to the task youโ€™re calling, or any other task except if it is in the main shared folder if Iโ€™m not mistaken.

Youโ€™ll have to explicitly give access for the service account, on the project where the task is sitting.

Let me know if this helps,
Regards,
Bojan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bojanvelevski
Valued Contributor

Hi @JPaps,

By default the service account does not have an access to the task youโ€™re calling, or any other task except if it is in the main shared folder if Iโ€™m not mistaken.

Youโ€™ll have to explicitly give access for the service account, on the project where the task is sitting.

Let me know if this helps,
Regards,
Bojan

JPaps
New Contributor III

Hi @bojanvelevski

Thanks for your response. I have added the new service account to the Permissions List of the desired project and it is now able to call triggered tasks within it.