cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Snaps execution in pipeline

Siva_Venna
Contributor

I ran into a typical scenario where snaps are not executing in the order they are supposed,below is the screenshot shows the order snaps are being executed. need help me to resolve this.Thanks full_incremntl_sql_2020_09_28.slp (13.7 KB)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@lazo.ilijoski
Probably order of execution of the unconnected snaps/streams depends on the order of creation of the starting snaps in the pipeline - I think execution is not based on order of creation if so my pipeline would have executed as expected. Anyways itโ€™s good to have snaps connected to avoid this kind of issues. will consider your suggestion.Thank you

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

akidave
Employee
Employee

All snaps in a pipeline are initialized in parallel. After initialization, each snap waits for input from its upstream snap. As data becomes available, the data is processed by the snap and written to the downstream snap. The control flow is driven by the availability of data to process. Snaps connected to each other will process a document in the same order as the order they are connected to each other in.

If there are multiple unconnected branches in the pipeline, each of them processes data in parallel. There is no synchronization between pipeline branches. Disconnecting two snaps which are next to each other functionally makes them unconnected branches.