cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trigger a schedule task re-run after failure

omiaye
New Contributor II

I have a pipeline with scheduled task that sometimes fail due to timeout. Is there a way to configure the scheduled task to re-run when failure occurs? I am looking for a way to force an attempt at least two re-runs with about 5min apart. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AleksandarAngel
Contributor III

Hello @omiaye.

You could leverage the SnapLogic Public Runtime API.  Mainly, you could check if the pipeline has executed successfully and based on that you can re-attempt if needed.

For more info about the Public APIs please refer to:

[SnapLogic Public APIs ]

You will need to set up the filter parameters according to your case.

Please let me know if this helps you!

Regards,

Aleksandar.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AleksandarAngel
Contributor III

Hello @omiaye.

You could leverage the SnapLogic Public Runtime API.  Mainly, you could check if the pipeline has executed successfully and based on that you can re-attempt if needed.

For more info about the Public APIs please refer to:

[SnapLogic Public APIs ]

You will need to set up the filter parameters according to your case.

Please let me know if this helps you!

Regards,

Aleksandar.

hawkeye412
New Contributor II

@AleksandarAngel  could you elaborate a bit more on your solution?  I understand how to check the api.  

• What would you recommend for the wait?  Script snap or something else.  Especially if longer than say 15 min.  You wouldn't want it sitting there all that time.
  • After the wait I would check the API to see if completed but how do you recommend looping back to attempt the retry?
  • Last thing:  Any thoughts on a counter?  So you could set it to retry like 6 times?