cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggered task POSTed parameters - how to view in execution statistics/logs

nickhumble
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have several triggered tasks that expect POSTed JSON documents as inputs.  An external system is using BEARER auth to call the pipeline, passing in the JSON payload. 

When troubleshooting downstream issues, i'm trying to check the values of the payload provided to the pipeline.

Could someone advise how to do this?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

JensDeveloper
Contributor II

Hi @nickhumble 
I think there are also other posts about this topic that can help you for now.
See reference: https://community.snaplogic.com/t5/designing-and-running-pipelines/pass-the-json-input-request-paylo...

Let me know if this helps

Regards

Jens

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@nickhumble 

You can utilize either Record Replay or File Writer Snap for storing the incoming payload from the external systems.

nickhumble
New Contributor II

Thanks both, is there nothing out of the box that allows us to view the payload - from the logs or monitoring? 

To give some context I'm simply trying to troubleshoot pipelines called via triggered tasks and would like to determine what values are being passed in to assist with this.  I have many of these pipelines and want to avoid having to create  database for these to all write to - i'm quite surprised this functionality isn't built-in.

Thanks

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@nickhumble 

Yes, I understand your requirement. 🙂

SnapLogic is stateless and by nature is not storing any data from the external systems. You can utilize the mentioned snaps for storing the incoming data as files in SLDB(SnapLogic Database). 

So, you don't need to create database/tables.