cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggered Task to receive application/x-www-form-urlencoded

gg433
New Contributor III

I want to invoke a triggered task from another application. The other application is using POST method with name/value pairs in a querystring and the content type is x-www-form-urlencoded.

example: POST https://somesite.com?Email=test@test.com&name=Bill
header Content-Type application/x-www-form-urlencoded

I have not had any luck getting a Triggered task to run using POST, only GET. Does anyone know where I can start to get this to work? How do I receive the name/value pairs? I can get it to work using pipeline parameters, but not when I use POST.

POST /api/1/rest/slsched/feed/xxxxxxx/projects/Gary_Gaetano/Lead%20Triggered%20Task?bearer_token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx HTTP/1.1
Host: elastic.snaplogic.com:443
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
User-Agent: PostmanRuntime/7.19.0
Accept: /
Cache-Control: no-cache
Postman-Token: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Content-Length: 95
Connection: keep-alive
cache-control: no-cache

First_Name=testfirst&Last_Name=testlast&Email=11062019758gg%40adptest.com&Company=adp+testing
Response:
Pipeline execution failed or was aborted.

This one was successful:
GET /api/1/rest/slsched/feed/xxxxxxx/projects/Gary_Gaetano/Lead%20Triggered%20Task?bearer_token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx& First_Name=testfirst& Last_Name=testlast& Email=11062019618gg@adptest.com& Company=adp testing HTTP/1.1
cache-control: no-cache
Postman-Token: xxxxxxxxxx

My pipeline is one snap, a JSON generator that takes the pipeline parameters and responds back, one open input and one open output.

Gary

2 REPLIES 2

tlikarish
Employee
Employee

Sorry this is kind of clunky at the moment. I’ll file some tickets to make it a little smoother in a future release. For now though, only triggering with a Groundplex via the on-premise or local override urls will accept x-www-form-urlencoded values and properly parse for you. One catch is that the values of the keys will be wrapped in arrays, so you’ll have to unpack them.

Here’s an example pipeline that demonstrates how it works.
greeter-example_2019_11_07.slp (2.6 KB)

You can invoke like this.

$ curl -H 'Authorization: XXX' <on-premise url here> -d 'greeting=hello,' -d 'name=Tim'
[
  {"message":"hello, Tim"}
]

gg433
New Contributor III

Thanks, I will try this out.