cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unable to handle echo message

JensDeveloper
Contributor II

Hi all,

Iโ€™m encountering this error for the first time but we have a ultra task api pipeline running.
And today when Iwas testing out the api it gave the error message:

Somehow knows what that means.
I also saw in the dashboard that we sometime lose connection to the nodes so I found on the community.

But i already have implemented a pipeline execute. and the CPU usage is very low

someone knows the first error?

Regards

Jens

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Jens. The image of your pipeline is too low-res for me to be able to read the snap names. But I think Iโ€™m hearing that the crux of the problem is that your SQL Select returns multiple records so youโ€™re trying to deal with that in your Ultra pipeline.

The key to doing that is to use a child pipeline and move the SQL Select to that pipeline, along with whatever snaps are needed to aggregate those multiple documents and return a single document as the result of the child pipeline. Then in the parent, do any additional processing needed on that child output document to create a single response document for this request. This works because a new instance of the child pipeline is created for every request, so you can use aggregating snaps there that you canโ€™t use in the root Ultra pipeline. Make sense?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JensDeveloper
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

Update on the topic. After long investigation and checking every snap, documentation and ultra task support. I found out that there was nothing wrong with my pipeline but that the API portal canโ€™t handle certain request even when itโ€™s not so big. Because I tested all my API get,put, post methods in the browser with the request url and they all worked and instant response.

Conclusion: I think that the API portal has some issues regarding api calls getting lots of data or multiple requests. I will close my topic tomorrow.

Also If anyone has experience with the API and API portal/ Ultra task of SnapLogic. Iโ€™m all ears to learn more.

Regards

Jens

ptaylor
Employee
Employee

Can you please share some specifics about what you tried? Itโ€™s hard to help without any specifics.

Hi @ptaylor

So I will try me best to scheme my discovery.
Below my pipeline as ultra task enabled.
To summarize:

• First it will see which method it is and route it to GET/PUT/POST or OTHER
  • After doing all my get requests and put/post request everything was fine
  • Until i Discovered that SQL select returns per record one document
  • For the json formatters itโ€™s mandatory to enable โ€˜Format each documentโ€™ in ULTRA tasks
  • Then I saw for my two get methods that get an array from SQL select it only showed the first record
  • So i Investigated on the comunnity and came accross this topic: Merge multiple documents to an array in ultra pipeline - #19 by thilkip
  • Here I implemented a pipeline execute. But when I finished creating the pipeline execute it always gave a response:
  • Next I tried to find something online about it. But I only could find that it was possible the the node couldnโ€™t allocate enough memory or the CPU was to high. I checked the dasboard it only used like 1 percent CPU and less than 10mb Memory but I did for sure in the SQL select. Staging mode: in memory.
  • then after researching all that I kinda was thinking why havenโ€™t I tried the request URL in the browser.
  • Somehow then all my API call requests worked and I get an instant response with the corresponding format that i made with the pipeline and pipeline execute.

I hope this explains it a bit more. If you would like we can also have a call in the future so I can explain more detailed step by step what I did.

But maybe there is another problem in my pipelines that causes the portal to give that response. Donโ€™t know yet. My apoligize if my thinking or answer is wrong.

Note: Iโ€™m not so experienced in efficient pipeline creation for APIs still learning. Open for suggestions in the future.

Thanks, Jens. The image of your pipeline is too low-res for me to be able to read the snap names. But I think Iโ€™m hearing that the crux of the problem is that your SQL Select returns multiple records so youโ€™re trying to deal with that in your Ultra pipeline.

The key to doing that is to use a child pipeline and move the SQL Select to that pipeline, along with whatever snaps are needed to aggregate those multiple documents and return a single document as the result of the child pipeline. Then in the parent, do any additional processing needed on that child output document to create a single response document for this request. This works because a new instance of the child pipeline is created for every request, so you can use aggregating snaps there that you canโ€™t use in the root Ultra pipeline. Make sense?