cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Date.now() while exporting files

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Hi Team,

While writing files via sftp, I’m unable to ingest Date.now() in the filename itself as seen in the snaps below:

(1) Successful execution [passing pipeline parameter and selecting the ‘=’ decorator

(2) Failed execution [NEITHER passing any parameter NOR selecting ‘=’ decorator]

The reason behind not selecting = decorator is - “I’m not passing any parameter to dynamically generate filename”
If the file name needs to be constant and it needs to be exported via sftp with Date.now(), what tweaks should I do? I’m pretty sure, snapLogic would be able to handle that and I might be doing something wrong here.

Thanks in advance for your help 🙂

Regards,
DT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Understood but I don’t think it’s the problem with the static or dynamic reference if you can write other files to the FTP server without any problems. The only thing I could think of is that the filename contains illegal characters.

Can you please try the expression below first?

Date.now().toLocaleDateTimeString({"format":"yyyyMMddHHmmss"})

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

I think it is the problem with colon in the filename which is not a valid character in many file systems generally. You could try removing that from the expression.

Thank you @siwadon for your response but where did you find a colon ':' in the file name?

Sorry for not being more specific.

I’m not sure about the expression you are using right now. But the output of Date.now() will contain colons in the time format, 2022-04-29T19:32:29.079 UTC.

Similarly, with the expression Date.now().toLocaleDateTimeString({"format":"yyyyMMddHH:mm:ss"}), you will still get the colons in the final output. If you are using this expression, you can try removing or replacing those colons with other characters. For example, {"format":"yyyyMMddHH-mm-ss"}.

bojanvelevski
Valued Contributor

Hey @darshthakkar,

Turn on the expressions support, and wrap the static part of the path in quotes. Than simply add the Date.now() function at the end. It will look something like this:

"sftp://localnetwork:22/usr/local/Enterprise/server/sharedcommon/incoming/SCM/Users/DT/inbound/ErrorLog.xlsx" + Date.now()

But I suppose you want the Date first, than the file extension so I would go with this:

"sftp://localnetwork:22/usr/local/Enterprise/server/sharedcommon/incoming/SCM/Users/DT/inbound/ErrorLog_" + Date.now() + ".xlsx"

Regards,
Bojan

Thanks @bojanvelevski for providing the actual string however it is failing as seen in the below snap: