cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Why do some snaps execute, when they are not in the current path?

acesario
Contributor II

I have a pipleine which uses routers successfully, but notice that there are a few snaps which execute downstream from a router which does not run. Even if I disconnect the snaps, I see a GATE snap execute, and gives an error (unless I filter for !=[ ] after the gate snap). Atached is a picture of my snap: the green flow follows the routing, the blue line flow does not execute, but the highlighted Gate snap executes, with the following json, containing empty arrays for each of the gate inputs:
[

{
โ€œPersonโ€:[
]
โ€œSectionโ€:[
]}]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @acesario

Do you have the โ€˜Ignore empty streamโ€™ property set in your Excel Formatter like this:

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 8.31.16 AM

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

acesario
Contributor II

@cjhoward18 Iโ€™m seeing this again where a pipeline executes a file writer step when a) It is not in the flow. and b) Write empty file is false.

I feel like this should not be executing and writing an excel file after a router step, and where the file setting does not include โ€˜write empty fileโ€™.

The behavior is contrary to the setting and we cannot have an empty excel file written in this case. Would Snaplogic support be willing to look at this as a bug?

Hi @acesario

Do you have the โ€˜Ignore empty streamโ€™ property set in your Excel Formatter like this:

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 8.31.16 AM

acesario
Contributor II

I do now!

Thanks for the solution @cjhoward18 , I didnt know those options existed, but they resolved this for me.