cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write Files to Local Drive

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

@jskrable: I’m fairly new to snapLogic and wanting to export the files directly to my local system (i.e. C drive), how can I accomplish this?
Sharing some snaps below for everyone’s reference:

Am I doing something wrong?
CC: @bojanvelevski @dmiller @vineesha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

Writing files to local can be achieved via SFTP if it has been setup in an organization. I was able to write files through the same. Learnt about the importance of account under file writer snap.
Whereas, writing files to local without sftp is not possible as groundplex needs to be installed in your local as stated by @Supratim

Thank you everyone on this thread for your help and support. Signing off on this thread!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Oops, my bad! I didn’t know that. Thanks @dmiller for the information.
@robin if you get a chance, can you please walk me through the solution of the error message we saw in one of the screenshots posted earlier? The error message was seen in Excel Formatter (just for your reference)

Moreover, there is no rush on this, I changed my development approach and the use case has been accomplished too but I’m curios to know the details on the error I received and potential steps to resolve it in the future by myself.

robin
Former Employee

@darshthakkar how big is the file you are reading? That error suggests the XLSX object wasn’t created successfully

darshthakkar
Valued Contributor

The file is a simple excel file of 11.3kb

@darshthakkar If you wish to use your “C” drive then groudplex has to be installed in your local. You can try SLDB as a work around.

Thanks @Supratim, not sure of SLDB, I will refer the documentation for more details but thank you for providing me the right direction.