cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Write to a Google Drive folder using Worksheet Writer

marenas
New Contributor III

Dear community,

Does anyone know how to configure the Worksheet Writer snap to write to a specific folder in Google Drive?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can create a blank spreadsheet in the target google driver folder. And provide this new spreadsheetโ€™s name in your pipelineโ€™s Worksheet writer snap. Provide a valid worksheet name as well. Then you are all good. You can have a pipeline with File Reader + CSV Parser + Worksheet Writer.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

Not at this time. You would have to create a blank file in the location you want it, then select it from the dropdown in the Snap to write to that file.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

marenas
New Contributor III

Thank you for the reply.

Actually, the requirement is we have CSV files in a file share and we wanted to โ€˜send/writeโ€™ these to Google Drive. My initial thought is to use File Reader > Mapper > Worksheet Writer (to a specific folder where I can manage the security). Since this feature in the Worksheet Writer snap is not yet available - how would you like to configure the pipeline for this case? What other snap can I use for this purpose?

You can create a blank spreadsheet in the target google driver folder. And provide this new spreadsheetโ€™s name in your pipelineโ€™s Worksheet writer snap. Provide a valid worksheet name as well. Then you are all good. You can have a pipeline with File Reader + CSV Parser + Worksheet Writer.

marenas
New Contributor III

Thank you! This works for me.