cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Join and In-Memory Lookup not working

WhatIsThis
New Contributor II

For Join, I'm just doing a left join. Fields are both Strings. It works in Alteryx, so no idea why it's not working in Snaplogic. I also tried In-Memory Lookup but the fields are just not joining. Only the left path fields come through. What could be causing this?

WhatIsThis_0-1692395379251.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It turns out that I had a Union right after the Join, and the Join wasn't the problem. I expected the union to append rows, but it doesn't work that way apparently. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

koryknick
Employee
Employee

@WhatIsThis - if you are still having issues with this, can you supply some screen shot of both input stream coming into your join and make sure you show the values of the fields that you think should match between them?

Is it possible that one path is suffixed with spaces where the other is not?  Or does the field you are trying to reference actually exist in the input stream?  I notice you checked the "null safe access" option, so is it possible you spelled one of the field names incorrectly?  Remember that SnapLogic field names are case sensitive.

It turns out that I had a Union right after the Join, and the Join wasn't the problem. I expected the union to append rows, but it doesn't work that way apparently.