Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Poll: Snap Reuse

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

This poll comes from our Product Management team:

• How likely are you to copy a configured Snap from an existing pipeline when building a new pipeline? (Low/Medium/High)

• How useful would it be to have the ability to search for a Snap with a specific configuration, such as a SQL Server - Select Snap with Table Name set to โ€œemployeesโ€?

We are considering adding a configured Snap search to the universal search capabilities where a user could find and copy an already-configured Snap and then add it to the pipeline they are designing.

Diane Miller
Community Manager
4 REPLIES 4

Supratim
Contributor III

Continuing the discussion from Poll: Snap Reuse:

@dmiller

• How likely are you to copy a configured Snap from an existing pipeline when building a new pipeline? (Low/Medium/High)
    I did rarely copy entire pipeline to reuse rather specific snap.

• How useful would it be to have the ability to search for a Snap with a specific configuration, such as a SQL Server - Select Snap with Table Name set to โ€œemployeesโ€?

This is a very good idea for new snaplogic developer

tk421_cogenics
New Contributor II

First point: Medium

Second Point: Medium->High

del
Contributor III

I like the snap search idea - both as a feature and your specific use case example - as weโ€™ve run into that use case several times. Enough where I engineered a pipeline, using the SnapLogic APIs, to achieve a similar search capability.

Rosmyt
New Contributor II
  1. Medium
  2. The search function is a good idea. Currently, for an enhancement requirement like a new field is added/renamed in a SalesForce Object, I have to manually search every pipelines to identify wherever the object is used.