cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SQL Server connection time out

nitinbhansali
New Contributor

SnapLogic_SQL_server_timeout_errors.docx (120.0 KB)
Hello All,

I am getting intermittent SQL Server connection error as below
Failed to retrieve a database connection. Also uploaded the document ( basically screenshots)
I would appreciate it your help or any pointer to resolve the issue will be of great help.

snippet as below : -
Resolution:

Address the reported issue.

Reason:

HikariPool_SQLSERVER2008_jdbc_sqlserver_//proderp.arrivagroup.net_5075_b7ba13ef-304c-4d18-b770-faaabd47e81b - Connection is not available, request timed out after 1000ms.

Hide Detailsโ€ฆ

SnapCompletionService
com.snaplogic.snap.api.SnapDataException: Failed to retrieve a database connection. at com.snaplogic.snap.api.sql.JdbcDataSourceRegistryImpl.getConnection(JdbcDataSourceRegistryImpl.java:273) at com.snaplogic.snap.api.sql.JdbcDataSourceRegistryImpl.retryGetConnection(JdbcDataSourceRegistryImpl.java:324) at com.snaplogic.snap.api.sql.JdbcDataSourceRegistryImpl.getConnection(JdbcDataSourceRegistryImpl.java:266) at com.snaplogic.snap.api.sql.JdbcDataSourceRegistryImpl.retryGetConnection(JdbcDataSourceRegistryImpl.java:324) at com.snaplogic.snap.api.sql.JdbcDataSourceRegistryImpl.getConnection(JdbcDataSourceRegistryImpl.java:266) at com.snaplogic.snap.api.sql.JdbcDataSourceRegistryImpl.retryGetConnection(JdbcDataSourceRegistryImpl.java:324) at com.snaplogic.snap.api.sql.JdbcDataSourceRegistryImpl.getConnection(JdbcDataSourceRegistryImpl.java:266) at com.snaplogic.snap.api.sql.accounts.BaseDa

Thanks & Regards
Nitin.

3 REPLIES 3

alchemiz
Contributor III

Hi Nitin,

In the SQL server account, have you tried increasing the Max pool size ?

nitinbhansali
New Contributor

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your prompt response โ€ฆ much appreciated. My initial findings were the same. unfortunately It is a production system and wanted some definitive answer from the SanpLogic , hence raised the support call as well as on this forum topic โ€ฆ Another issue, I might think of it is server resource will cope with these increased Max pool size .

They have suggested to increase timeout from 1000Ms to 10000Ms and count from 60 to 200.
Cheers

Supratim
Contributor III

@nitinbhansali you can validate the client jar exact version from server for good performance. We have faced similar issue, using oracle thin client it was resolved.