cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

JMS Active MQ - Failed to validate account

avinashpatil
New Contributor

Hello Friends,
Need a help configuring JMS ActiveMQ account.
After trying multiple configuration settings still not able to validate account.
Please suggest solution. Find the attached configuration.

JMS_MQ
TCP connectivity test.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok. There are limitations with a trial account. A Groundplex isnโ€™t available, which means to access your Active MQ instance, your machine needs to be accessible over the Internet!

A Groundplex is a plex that is customer-managed, and so you could install other software on it, such as Active MQ. The Groundplex can be an on-premise instance or cloud-based instance. Cloudplexes, by contrast, are cloud-based and managed by SnapLogic.

It sounds like your experimenting with Active MQ. Many of the cloud providers allow you to spin up this service. I think Amazonโ€™s MQ wraps Apache Active MQ.

I donโ€™t want this to tarnish your impression of SnapLogic, because we really do have a big offering. I didnโ€™t realize you were on a trial account.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Oh Yes, Good point. Yes, I have run the pipeline on Snaplex and on the same machine as the installed JMS instance. Do I need to whitelist my local machine IP address within SnapLogic Cloud ?

The Snaplex will need to be able to access the host and port for wherever the Active MQ broker is running. Iโ€™m not sure of the level of access you have to your SnapLogic environment. There likely needs to be some additional configuration to access your machine, assuming it is accessible. I can try to help though!

I am using trial version of SnapLogic for hands on, How can i connect or share more details ?

Ok. There are limitations with a trial account. A Groundplex isnโ€™t available, which means to access your Active MQ instance, your machine needs to be accessible over the Internet!

A Groundplex is a plex that is customer-managed, and so you could install other software on it, such as Active MQ. The Groundplex can be an on-premise instance or cloud-based instance. Cloudplexes, by contrast, are cloud-based and managed by SnapLogic.

It sounds like your experimenting with Active MQ. Many of the cloud providers allow you to spin up this service. I think Amazonโ€™s MQ wraps Apache Active MQ.

I donโ€™t want this to tarnish your impression of SnapLogic, because we really do have a big offering. I didnโ€™t realize you were on a trial account.

Thanks so much