cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unable to find the<<CONSOLE SERIAL NUMBER>>field in the Transactions in Netsuite Search Snap

Kullay
New Contributor III

Hi All,
We are not able to find the <> field in the Transactions using the Netsuite search snap.

Thanks,
kullayappa

15 REPLIES 15

Kullay
New Contributor III

We are looking Netsuite search Snap output ,

I have selected object is:

1. Transaction in Netsuite Search snap ,
  2. First Snap passing input values
  3. copy of the response in third snap, in that we looking the โ€œConsole Serial numberโ€

Thanks,
kullayappa

Again, Iโ€™m not clear on what field youโ€™re looking for, as I can find no evidence of a field called anything like CONSOLE SERIAL NUMBER. Can you find it in the WSDL or any of other documentation so I know what youโ€™re looking for? What specific types of transactions are being returned by the search?

Sombit
New Contributor

Hi Ptaylor,

The Netsuite saved search on UI shows the custom field however we dont get that information inside the SNAP response. We do get other information exposed in the saved search

Thank You,
Sombit

Ok, this is the first time youโ€™ve mentioned that itโ€™s a custom field. Thatโ€™s quite important to help me understand your issue. Thank you.

I think there are two different approaches for getting this field in your search results.

First, when you view the results of the saved search in the NetSuite UI, do you see a column for the custom field there? If not, try editing the definition of the custom field to enable โ€œSHOW IN LISTโ€. That should make it appear in search results, both in the NetSuite UI (verify that first), and in the output of the NetSuite Search snap.

An alternative approach is to uncheck the โ€œReturn Search Columnsโ€ setting in the NetSuite Search snap. However, that might result in getting a lot more data than you really want. Hereโ€™s the documentation for that setting: โ€œIf selected, returns only the values for the required columns. This is applicable only when performing an Advanced search, which is used to execute a saved search. If not selected, this returns all the record details.โ€

Sombit
New Contributor

First, when you view the results of the saved search in the NetSuite UI, do you see a column for the custom field there?
[Sombit] Yes

An alternative approach is to uncheck the โ€œReturn Search Columnsโ€ setting in the NetSuite Search snap.
[Sombit] We tried this but the custom field does not come up in the response

Thank You,
Sombit