cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOX Account - Auto Refresh Token Not Always Refreshing Frequently Enough

christwr
Contributor III

Curious if anyone else has issues with BOX Account not automatically refreshing the token frequently enough, resulting in processes failing because of the expired token?

From Manager → Activity Log → Asset, I can see the system usually updating the account (refreshing the token) automatically every 20-30 minutes. And we have BOX pipelines that run every 15 minutes, which usually do not have any issues. However, every now and then, the system takes over an hour to refresh the token, which results in the tokens expiring (they are only valid for one hour) and then those regular BOX pipelines fail because of the expired tokens.

I’ve had several tickets with support about it over the last year or so, but haven’t really gotten anywhere. I’m wondering if it’s possible to have my own task/pipeline that manually refreshes the token on the BOX account, rather than relying on the “Auto Refresh” to work properly?

6 REPLIES 6

Satyanarayana
New Contributor II

Hi, Do you have this error? ‘The API returned an error code: 401. Verify that the Box account is valid’

christwr
Contributor III

Yes, when our pipelines fail because of the token on the BOX account not being refreshed quickly enough and expiring, we get “The API returned an error code: 401. Verify that the Box account is valid

We are facing the same issue and we have raised this with Snaplogic Support. Awaiting for their reply.

christwr
Contributor III

Ya, I’ve had a case open for like a year… That’s why I was wondering if anyone knew a way to just pragmatically refresh it via our own process, rather than relying on the BOX Account’s “Auto Refresh” to work properly.