cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pipelines integration/linnking

Varun
New Contributor

Hi All ,

I have a requirement to link different pipelines under a project which appears like below. please let me know the possibilities.

structure
โ€“>Projects
---->Shared
----->Folder1
------>Folder2
------>Folder3

I am trying to link the last pipeline in folder1 to first pipeline in folder 2 with help of pipeline execute(PN : I have done the integration of pipelines with in each folder with pipeline execute). and so on. but the last pipeline in folder1 not recognizing the first pipeline in folder2 . is it something not possible. Do i have to move all the folders under Shared folder and do the integration?. Please help.
thanks .

9 REPLIES 9

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@Varun

You cannot access/invoke one pipeline from a different location than a pipeline belongs to(using Pipeline Execute Snap). In order to be able to do that, the caller/parent Pipeline and child one needs to be in the same project, or the child to be in the shared folder of that given Project space.

Another option to invoke pipelines from anywhere is, if the pipeline that you want to be invoked to be exposed as an API(using Triggered or Ultra tasks).

BR,
Spiro Taleski

Varun
New Contributor

Got it thanks for the update. Assuming this i started gathering all under one project today.

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@Varun

It just bring to my mind now.

Actually you can invoke a pipeline that is on different project using Pipeline Execute Snap.

You will need to explicitly specify the location of the pipeline:

BR,
Spiro Taleski

Varun
New Contributor

We have 10 folders under projects. each folder already connected by the pipeline execute. but its not working with different folders (i mean path is not recognized. even with expression). have you had chance to try this before?