Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SnapGPT Beginner's Guide

RogerSramkoski
Employee
Employee

What is SnapGPT?

SnapGPT is a generative AI solution in early release and currently available only to users who have been invited to SnapLabs. Built right into the SnapLogic web interface (screenshot below), you can now prompt SnapGPT for a wide variety of help creating Pipelines, configuring Snaps, for suggestions about which Snap to use, and so much more.

How can I get started with SnapGPT?

In this section we cover a few examples that should be repeatable as a way to send your first few prompts to SnapGPT and observe the outcome. After that you can explore our SnapGPT Prompt Catalog, which contains even more prompts to copy/paste into SnapGPT as you explore.

One caveat here is that as a generative AI solution that is always learning, it is possible that outcomes will change over time. When SnapGPT creates a Pipeline for you it will be a bit like importing a Pipeline in the sense that it will have a wizard to help select accounts and finalize the Pipeline.

1. Log in at https://snapgpt.labs.snaplogic.com

2. If SnapGPT is not shown by default, press the SnapGPT button in the upper-right corner of the SnapLogic web interface to make it visible; to make it always visible, click your name in the upper-right corner > User Settings > Opt-in Features > Check the box for โ€œOpen SnapGPT by Defaultโ€:
    Pasted image 20230517162202

3. A new box will appear on the right-hand side of the SnapLogic web interface for you to start typing to SnapGPT:
    Pasted image 20230517163343

Examples: See SnapGPT in Action

Now letโ€™s talk about getting your feet wet, hands dirty, or whatever saying floats your boat. Below are several examples you can use to start exploring SnapGPT and they should be precise enough to yield consistent results.

Example 1: Create a pipeline that pulls Salesforce Opportunities

Our first example is one that will generate a short but complete Pipeline for us. With any generative AI, SnapGPT included, it is important to remember that the more specific you are with the prompt the more accurate a response you will receive, or in this example, the more accurate a Pipeline we will receive.

Prompt: โ€œCreate a Pipeline using Salesforce Read to fetch my Opportunities, Filter out any opportunities outside of the last fiscal quarter, then write them to Snowflake.โ€

Here is a screenshot of the short Pipeline created by SnapGPT that closely resembles the prompt we provided:
Pasted image 20230517155052

Inside the Filter Snap we can see that SnapGPT created an expression for us to filter the $CloseDate file for us:
Pasted image 20230517155155

Example 2: Ask help for identifying which Snap to use

At some point we were all new to using SnapLogic and we learned it from CSM-led training, trial-and-error, reviewing existing pipelines, etc. What we did not have was an always-on AI assistant ready to answer our questions (we still love you Iris and wouldnโ€™t be here without you!). This example helps show us how SnapGPT can be prompted with natural language to let us know exactly what Snap we need.

Prompts:

• โ€œWhat snap can I use to remove records from my pipeline based on a given condition?โ€
  • โ€œWhich snap acts like a case statement or switch to allow me to move records down different pathways based on a condition?โ€

Pasted image 20230517160445

Example 3: Ask for help to learn when to use one Snap over a different Snap

Another example of using SnapGPT more for educational purposes or documentation skimming would be to ask it when you might want to use one Snap instead of another.

Prompt: โ€œWhen would I need to use the Salesforce SOQL snap instead of the Salesforce Read snap?โ€

Pasted image 20230517160919

Example 4: Generate sample data

We can also use SnapGPT to generate sample data, for those times when we need to get started on a business process and show some results but maybe we donโ€™t yet have access to the source system.

Prompt: โ€œCreate a single-snap pipeline with a JSON Generator that has 10 example Salesforce Lead recordsโ€

Example 5: Fetch exchange data from third-party API

It is also possible to use SnapGPT to pull data from a third-party site such as exchange data.

Prompt: โ€œFetch exchange rate data from the European Central Bank and save it to a JSON fileโ€

What should I be aware of when using SnapGPT?

As with any early access release of software, especially generative AI that is always learning, there are some key points to keep in mind as you explore SnapGPT and share feedback with the SnapLogic team (including any previously mentioned and/or typical disclaimers about using ChatGPT or SnapGPT):

• SnapGPT may generate Pipelines with unnecessary Snaps (like kids overpacking to visit grandmaโ€™s house!)
  • SnapGPT depends on ChatGPT availability, so there are times when you might see a response like this:
    Pasted image 20230517172427

What if I have questions?

Our goal is to provide several ways to interact with our team, which weโ€™ve broken out below.

• Community: Using the SnapLogic Communityโ€™s locked SnapLabs Category, which is the same category you should be reading this content from (please do not post on the public forums yet since this is a limited release at this time).
  • Office hours: Roger Sramkoski, one of our Sr. Technical Marketing Managers, will be setting up office hours once or twice a week. These will be purely optional and will be minimal agendas so we can focus on open conversations.
  • Email: You can also contact Roger Sramkoski directly at rsramkoski@snaplogic.com
3 REPLIES 3

JC
New Contributor II

I got the email as an engineer to start the trial at the RNLI, however the labs link did not like my credentials. Anyone able to help please? 

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

@JC I can help you with that.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

JC
New Contributor II

Thank you, I replied to you in DM's