cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone got a SOAP Execute against a Workday Tenant Working?

AdrianH
New Contributor II

Any help much appreciated in this regard in terms of sample envelopes you can share or validated WSDL, currently using v28.1 which doesn’t validate in XMLSpy although it seems to work with SOAPUI

Yours,

Adrian

22 REPLIES 22

AdrianH
New Contributor II

Ok I re-did the snap from scratch and now I’m getting an invalid username/password error; which is actually a good thing.

Thanks I’ll try the workday snap next.

Yours,

Adrian

AdrianH
New Contributor II

When using the workday write snap, what does the host field contain do you have an example please?

del
Contributor III

Deducing from your WSDL above, your host value would likely be wd3-impl-services1.workday.com.
Also note, the version will be “28.1” (instead of “v28.1” that you would use with SOAP)

AdrianH
New Contributor II

Thanks for confirming the host, wasn’t sure upto what point on the url it mattered.

BTW - /v28.1?WSDL appears to be the correct way to reference it, it’s working at any rate in the SOAP execute snap, without it I get an invalid request service version error or content not allowed in prolog error.

Still be unable to connect with SOAP or Workday snap different issues. In the case of the workday snap it’s trying to resolve against the following URL instead of the one above:

https://wd3-impl-services1.workday.com/ccx/service/integrations/Human_Resources/v28.1?wsdl

don’t know why, so any ideas most welcome.

Unable to workout why I’m getting invalid username/password errors, works for me in SOAPUI so the credentials aren’t the issue must be missing something just don’t know what at this point.

del
Contributor III

Here’s how our SOAP WSSE account is set up. Replace username@tenant with your username and tenant name. Also, respectfully pointing out the obvious, make sure it’s assigned to your SOAP Execute snap.
0ef164d49d1a062da222c65b10c3a7e1ba956695.png

Here’s how our Workday account is set up. Again, replace username and tenant with appropriate values
afba018436545e8d93864d5cca1299e5b4860473.png

Regarding your SOAP username/password error. Can you post the exact error text? On occasion, the error message isn’t worded correctly and I might have run into it before.