cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWS Signature for REST Get & Post

Ish
New Contributor III

Hello,

Is there a way to call an AWS API using the SnapLogic REST Get or Post snaps?

There’s no option to create an AWS Signature account for REST:

Hopefully I’m just missing something. I did all my testing using Postman and now I’m blocked in SnapLogic.

In SnapLogic Expression Language I see there’s Digest sha256 but AWS requires HMAC so I can’t find a workaround.

Alternatively is HMAC available in the Script snap or do I need to develop my own Snap for this this?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

thank you @Ish I am passing this values

Ish
New Contributor III

Hi @Siva_Venna,

Based on the values you provided, it looks to me like you may want to try using the ‘S3 File Reader’ snap.

Give that a shot and let us know.

Cheers,
Ish

@Ish Yes, I am trying to connect to S3 that is in GovCloud .the S3 file reader snap is not working. So trying to access it through REST endpoint

damel
Former Employee

Support for AWS v4 Signatures in Rest accounts is part of the August 2021 release and is currently available on UAT.
http://uat.elastic.snaplogic.com/

Kire
New Contributor

I tried making Rest AWS v4 Sig account, but it will not work, while the script from earlier worked perfectly (after few modifications in the timestamp, it wouldn’t work as it is on every time zone it seems). Now i can’t make the account work itself. I get the error “The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your AWS Secret Access Key and signing method. Consult the service documentation for details.” From my experience with the script earlier, could it be a bug in the signature generation code that it would not work properly for different time zones? I am 100% positive I used right credentials, since I copied them from same source that I have used for the script. I would not mind continue using the script itself, but the problem is the credentials remain hardcoded in the script code and are visible. Using an account would solve that problem.