cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best way to read the data from JSON list and process it one by one to a rest call

akarsh
New Contributor III

I have a input json file like below please see the dummy example below

{ "totalCount": 2, "dataList": [ { "IFA": "IFA1", "voltage": "200", "power": "100", "equipid": "1234ABC", "SN": "SalesForce-1" }, { "IFA": "IFA2", "voltage": "200", "power": "100", "equipid": "1234ABC", "SN": "SalesForce-1" } ] }

I have to read this file and process the Items one by one. 
First I have to get the IFA number and then do Salesforce lookup to get the Id from sales force .

Then the output Id from the salesforce should be mapped to accountID  field and this along with other data in the file should be passed to SalesForce upsert snap.

can anyone help me on how to do this? I am new to snaplogic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@akarsh 

You just need to split the array using the JSON Splitter Snap, once you read the file and parse the content, so you will have the nested structure split and pipeline will process the records one by one. Then you can proceed with developing the rest of the logic.

Note: You should use REST API Mode within the Salesforce Snaps, in order records to be processed one by one. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@akarsh 

You just need to split the array using the JSON Splitter Snap, once you read the file and parse the content, so you will have the nested structure split and pipeline will process the records one by one. Then you can proceed with developing the rest of the logic.

Note: You should use REST API Mode within the Salesforce Snaps, in order records to be processed one by one. 

akarsh
New Contributor III

Thanks @SpiroTaleski I will try that

akarsh
New Contributor III

One more question.

I have the following snap structure

read from JMS ( List of object) -> Json Splitter -> lookup on sales force for ID -> Send data to sales force using salesforce upsert -> maps and post it to JMS.

What's happening here is data is being posted individually. is it possible to collect it in a single JSON and send it once to JMS?

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@akarsh 

Yes, you can utilize Group By N Snap in order to have a list with all records inside. You can specify also the size of each group within the snap.