cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot preview data

Angel_Villalobo
New Contributor II

Good day.

I’ve facing this issue since the last week.

When working on a pipeline I’m not able to see the preview data.
I have this example of a mapper where I have one field and its value
Anotación 2020-08-18 142233
The pipeline is successfully validated:
Anotación 2020-08-18 142556
But when I click the doc icon (preview) nothing is shown (only the name of the field)
If I add new fields and revalidate the pipeline, it updates the fields but still not shown its values.
Anotación 2020-08-18 143041
Anotación 2020-08-18 143712
I have configured to get 2000 preview documents

Could you help me please figuring out why is this happening and how to solve it?

Thank you so much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

akidave
Employee
Employee

There is an open issue with regard to preview data generation failing when the project or project space name has special characters. The issue will be fixed with the next control plane patch. Until then, renaming the project and project space to avoid special characters would be a workaround.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

akidave
Employee
Employee

There is an open issue with regard to preview data generation failing when the project or project space name has special characters. The issue will be fixed with the next control plane patch. Until then, renaming the project and project space to avoid special characters would be a workaround.

Thank you @akidave

This fixed the issue

irsl
New Contributor II

I have the same issue for one specific workflow. The project name is without any special character. The workflow runs successfully but no data preview is shown. Any idea why this is the case?

The issue with special characters causing preview issues was fixed in a previous release.

If the preview is not showing up, it is possible that one of the snaps is set to “Execute only” mode. Changing to “Validate & Execute” will make the snap execute when validation is done on the pipeline.

For Writer snaps and other snaps which can have side effects, the default is “Execute only”, so the mode has to be changed for those snaps.