cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Copy files from smb to another folder in the same location

nisars
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I have a requirement to move files from one folder to another on the same location. I am using a directory browser to identify the file and then configuring the target. I do not wish to use the file reader and writer due to time constraints and the small window in which the files are available.

$Path = 'smb://server:port/folder1/folder2/filename1.csv
$Target = โ€˜smb://server:port/folder1/folder2/folder3/filename1.csvโ€™

Error- Failure: Unsupported protocol or URL syntax error in smb://xxxxxxx/transfer/CDW/PARR33/AMD/Retail/ARRIMI_PAYTRAN_20180829.csv, Reason: The protocol in the URL is not supported or URL has syntax error., Resolution: Please check if the protocol is supported and the syntax of URL is correct. For example, for SLDB protocol, URL should start with โ€œsldb:///โ€

Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

steve_beck_wafd
New Contributor

I am having the exact same issue. Iโ€™m trying to move a file to a different directory on an SMB share. The file read snap accepts the address and can read successfully but the file operation snap complains of the protocol being unsupported or url incorrect. The copy wont work either, to a different directory or with a changed name in the same directory. I get that same error that @nisars got.

steve_beck_wafd
New Contributor

My manager just got a response from customer support with snaplogic. Apparently snaplogic does not currently support SMB with the file operation snap. I guess the best alternative would be to write the file at the new location and delete it from the old location as a work around.

Thank you Steve,

Yes, read and then write is what i am currently doing but it takes so long that it causes issues and needed a viable workaround. what a shame.

Ravi
New Contributor

Hi Community,
Do we have a solution to use File Operation Move for SMB protocol yet or still open issue? we are facing same issue now.
Thanks,

Supratim
Contributor III

@Ravi As per the documentation SMB protocol is not supported by File Operation snap. (https://docs-snaplogic.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SD/pages/187072700/File+Operation). Better can try Read-Write and Delete snap, instead of file operation.