cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Creating a Pipeline that reads the spreadsheet and return data within

nihil_limbadiya
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am Database Administrator/Developer and i am pretty new to snaplogic and i am self learning it at a moment.I got quick question on how to develop a snaplogic.
Query :- would like to add some javascript to the HTML file (either directly or with a linked script file) that will, on load and every 5 minutes, call a pipeline and update the HTML elements with the returned data. Need to build the pipeline such that it reads the spreadsheet and returns the data within.

If someone can help me at starting point. Any help will be appreciated .

Thanks
Nihil

11 REPLIES 11

Thanks Tim,

Much Appriciated for your helpโ€ฆ Thanks I can go ahead and build whole pipeline.

Thanks
Regards
Nihil

nihil_limbadiya
New Contributor II

Hi Tim,

Sorry to bother you again. I am getting Authentication required error when i enable Trigger task. is it because of the CORS setting as i dont have it on Snaplogic manager, is it because i dont have enough rights ?

please find attached Error screenshot and also Script. if you can reply that would be great help

ThanksDemo Display Board.zip (40.2 KB)

Also, when i load HTML in browser i cant see any pop up ? is it something i am doing wrong ?

Thanks

Hi Tim,

Its sorted now thanks

nihil_limbadiya
New Contributor II

Hi Tim,

I have added some java script which read elements from Excel file to the HTML page.

For my next step i want something that if i update data in spreadsheet it should reflect changes on HTML file? I have also added function that refresh webpage every 5 sec, but canโ€™t figure out to refresh Triggred URL in HTML file so it pulls Excel file if some changes are been made ?

if you can help me that would be great.

Please find attached Demo Display Board.zip (7.3 KB)
Thanks

From your description I think things are looking good. The JavaScript youโ€™ve written will now poll the triggered task every 8 seconds and when that happens the pipeline will read the file and send back the results. The JavaScript will then update the contents of the page with the new results.

Attached is a screen capture where I re-upload a new spreadsheet that changed some of the values, like the manager to Mickey Mouse, and see the change on the page. Maybe the file wasnโ€™t uploaded or the file name was changed?

mov