cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Design Approach for Downloading SLDB saved files using smb

SusanB
New Contributor II

Hello, looking for input regarding best approach to automate the manual download of various types of files (.csv, .xlsx, .zip) which are saved in the same project folder.
We want to keep them available in Snaplogic but also download to another server on certain days of the month.
File Operation /Copy does not seem like an option.
Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

bojanvelevski
Valued Contributor

What about Copy and a File Writer? At the same time you can write the file to SLDB and to another server, or use a File Reader/File Writer if you want to keep it as a separate process.

Thanks. I did see that we would have to (re)read and then use File Writer. This may be an option with a copy/router to only execute on the desired day(s) of month.

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@SusanB

Do you want to automate the process of coping the files from SLDB to another server? Or, do you want to copy files from one source location/server to SLDB and target server?

If first, then one pipeline with Directory Browser Snap to scan and get files from SLDB, File Reader Snap(to read the files) and File Writer Snap(to write files to target location). Also you can create a scheduled task to run on predestined time.

If second, probably you will have two pipelines:
1) One pipeline that will read files from source server to SLDB.
2) Second pipeline that will read files from SLDB to target server.

Also, those pipelines can be scheduled to run based on your requirements.

File Operation Snap will work only with: local file (file:///), FTP, SFTP, S3, WASB, and WASBS - file protocols.

Regards,
Spiro Taleski

SusanB
New Contributor II

Thank you for the options/insight.
I think weโ€™re probably looking at the first scenario. The files are generated daily and saved in the Snaplogic folder (SLDB?).
On certain days of the month they need to be copied to a target server.

I think whatever approach we decide on, weโ€™ll need to (re)read the files based on their file types and then use the corresponding file writer snap to write to the target server.

Appreciate everyoneโ€™s input.