cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Error In File Operations Snap

nihil_limbadiya
New Contributor II

HI,

I was reading earlier post ppl are having issue with File Operation Snap.

I am having same issue. I am trying to copy/Move file to one location to another.

I have used File POLLER snap to find the file. and using FIle Operation snap but its giving me an error. enough the folder is empty it says file is already there.

Can some one please help me.?

THanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In that case, the input binary data has zero byte. You need to select the boolean property โ€œWrite empty fileโ€ in the File Writer Snap.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Hi,

its working if i am copying file within my network. i am getting error while i am trying to connected to FTP and copy file over to that FTP . please find attached error .

Can you please help me out.?

Thanks

Hello Nihil,

First, it looks like youโ€™re posting multiple issues into the same thread. Could you please open separate threads for separate issues? That can help keep the threads organized and faster to find answers for anyone else in the future who may have the same issue.

In regards to the most recent screenshot the error is pretty clear that the File Operation snap requires the file to be moving on the same host with the same protocol. If you need to move a file from file://[LOCATION] to ftp://[LOCATION] then you need to use a File Reader and File Writer to make the transition.

Hi,
ok will makle sure from now on.

regarding the latest post

To get the file i am using Directory Browser snap and to copy file i am using file operation snap. will it not work ?

Thanks

To move a file from one host to another you need to have the Directory Browser snap feed the file to File Reader then a File Writer. File Operation snap is used when you are moving the file around on the same host. Here is a screenshot of the first three snaps you need: