cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Error occured while creating a mount smb:///

ctlarson
New Contributor II

I am encountering a error with my file writer snap while trying to write to a file share on a different server. The error is as follows: Error occured while creating a mount smb:///.
I dont think this is a permissions issue as I have granted access to the account I am using on the server I am trying to write to. That got me past an access denied error that I had encountered earlier in testing.
I am also open to any suggestions you may have to help me better troubleshoot.
Thank you for any help in advance, it is greatly appreciated!

9 REPLIES 9

Iโ€™m wondering if it doesnโ€™t like the colons in the time of the date format and an error is not being displayed. What if you replaced Date.now() with Date.now().toLocaleDateString({โ€œtimeZoneโ€:โ€œPSTโ€, โ€œformatโ€:โ€œyyyy-MM-ddโ€}) ?

Diane Miller
Community Manager

Good day,

Iโ€™m having a similar issue, Iโ€™m trying to write pdf files using a File Writer snap to a shared location, should I be using the file or the smb protocols? I tried both but unable to get it to work.

However the file gives a message saying itโ€™s overwritten but the files are not in the folder, see below:

Thanks much.

Hi all, I got this to work. Thanks.

ctlarson
New Contributor II

That was the issue!
I actually had to remove โ€œtimeZoneโ€:โ€œPSTโ€, from the expression to get it to work but that allowed me to create the file. Thank you very much!

diptipatel_fm
New Contributor

Hi, what was the final path looked like to make this work for shared windows location? can you please share info