cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Insert/Update using Join Snap

pranil2k2
Contributor

Hi,

I am using Join Snap, to implement the logic of Insert new record and update existing one by doing join on target table. i defined left outer join to read all input records and in router i used condition on input1_column1, the condition is working for existing records and it not working for new records. Please can some one can help me how to implement Insert/Update logic using Join snap.

8 REPLIES 8

hi Pranil,
you can definitely use the join snap for this, route the nulls to one flow(insertions) and matched output(update) to other route. You can also use inner join and use option in join snap โ€˜unmatched data to error viewโ€™, that way the error view records would be considered for insert and the output view of join can be used for updated records.

Regards
Anubhav

Hi Anubhav,

Thaks for the reply. As said by you, i tried to implement the same, but by using left outer join, i am not able to capture null values, this is the first thing i asked, you can see my first screen shot. if it is new value i am not getting any value for Input1 and the job is throwing error.

routing error records using inner join, i did this one using join snap and lookup snap too (using lookup also we can route the error records as new ones and can use them for insert).

so just for information, is it possible to capture null recors using left outer join in Join Snap?

hi, I am able to get nulls for unmatched data, please refer to screenshot below
Input1: image

Input 2: image

Join result: image

pranil2k2
Contributor

Hi Anubhav,

Thanks for sample. it is very helpful and i will check my job.

Thanks a lot.

Anil