cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is XML Parser _very_ strict?

mikeandrews
New Contributor III

Hi folks,

I was looking to expose a Task via URL trigger with a payload of an XML message, so i started mocking this up with a sample XML as a file in SLFS and a simple pipeline File Reader โ†’ XML Parser โ†’ do-stuff.

I didnt specify the โ€œInbound schemaโ€ on the XML Parser for the incoming binary XML, and even on a very simplified XML structure Iโ€™m getting:

Failure: Failed to convert xml to json, Reason: Mixed content is not supported: โ€™ ', Resolution: Please check if the xml data is well formed

the XML is considered valid by other non-SL tools:

<EnterpriseMessage xmlns="http://schemas.xxxx.com/enterprise/services/2014/05" xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<EnterpriseHeader>
    <MessageId>1369611c-eb2b-41ca-9573-852125cb418e</MessageId>
    <ThreadId>774c8fe4-145d-40c0-bfea-442bb29aa85c</ThreadId>
    <CreatedUtc>2016-01-12T14:13:32.654Z</CreatedUtc>
</EnterpriseHeader>
<MessageBody>
    <BusinessData xmlns="">
        <Label>
            <OBJ_VER>0</OBJ_VER>
            <xxxx_COMPANY>10448</xxxx_COMPANY>
        </Label>
        <Company>
            <xxxx_COMPANY_ID>10448</xxxx_COMPANY_ID>
            <xxxx_COUNTRY_ID>320</xxxx_COUNTRY_ID>
        </Company>
    </BusinessData>
</MessageBody>
</EnterpriseMessage>

Is it essential to set the schema to assist the parser? Sometimes the namespaces will vary or the schema be dynamicโ€ฆ

3 REPLIES 3

Piyush
New Contributor III

Tried. Just worked for me.

Just File Reader (File name specified) โ†’ XML parser (No changes)

mikeandrews
New Contributor III

Spooky, that sample works for me too it is just a redacted/cut down representation of the larger original. Maybe there were some newlines or tabs that were purged via cut/pasteโ€ฆ Cant see anything invalid in the original, that still shows the โ€œmixed content is not supportedโ€ errorโ€ฆ

Had a closer look, in the original machine-generated xml the elements were indented with some kind of space characters and the parser failed. Changing these to tab characters and the parser worked fineโ€ฆ Just a bit confusing as the failing XML appears to be valid UTF-8 XML.

Thanks anyway,
Mike

Piyush
New Contributor III

Just check if its unix or windows filetype.

I had parser issue in past where I was using windows file on linux snaplogic runtime.