“mytable”
“count”:
“columnNames”:
[
“c1”,“c2”,“c3”,“c4”
]
“rows”:
[
[r1c1value,r1c2value,r1c3value,r1c4value],[r2c1value,r2c2value,r2c3value,r2c4value],[…],[…],[…],[…],[…],[…],[…],[…]
]
}
]
}

When I refer to jsonPath($, “entity.items[*]”) it gives me columns as an array of columns and the rows are an array of rows.

How can I parse this so that I can map it to a Mapper to put into SQL?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

del
Contributor III

@Garrett,

If I captured your input data correctly, this attached pipeline should help get you started:

Community.9525.slp (4.8 KB)

The mapper combines the Array map() method with the sl.zipObject() method to bring the column names and row values together in an object array. The following splitter will flatten the data for your SQL Insert.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Garrett
New Contributor II

I got it.

I had to do the splitter first and get [rows] and [columns]
then I was able to modify the sl.ZipObject slightly from your original to:
jsonPath($, “rows[]").map(x=>sl.zipObject(jsonPath($, "columnNames[]”),x))

It was like it couldn’t reference it from the entity level.

Garrett
New Contributor II

Ok well… Here’s another issue.
That export works great as long as the field names are unique in the output of the JSON.
But if they are the same it fails and there is no way I can think of to remedy that issue.

so this is really weird but in the API we are calling from it returns subtables inside the output of the parent table example.

select ,child. from parent

• gives all the fields of the parent and child.* gives all from the child.
    There is no way that I can think of with that splitter method to name the columns uniquely since I really do need to give them unique names.

I wouldn’t mind if I was able to get the columns ordinally or have it append some kind of index to the field. say id,id_1,id_2.
Put I haven’t been able to figure that out.

@Garrett

Please find the attached sample pipeline containing the expression that you can use to append an index to the object keys.

SL_Community_1_2021_02_28.slp (4.7 KB)

Hope that will helps!

Regards!