cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipeline execute maximum recursion calls depth

Noushin
New Contributor

Hi Team,

I have designed pipeline to make recursive calls using pipeline execute snap…in one scenario i got an error at the 64th iteration tat it ‘‘cannot execute any more child pipelines’’ and i found in pipeline execute snap documentation that it cannot exceed more than 64 depth b4 they begin failing…

But wen i executed the same pipeline after a week…its taking 150 iterations…how is this possible…

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @koryknick - My scenario is I have to load all the data from the given data source. The maximum records it can send me in one iteration is 50k(its configurable)

I have designed pipeline in such a way,

pipeline XYZ first invokes the backend using soap execute snap, which returns 50k records in first iteration and I have used router snap to check the condition if the record count is less than 50k then i stop the pipeline else I invoke same pipeline XYZ within itself …(XYZ calling XYZ) until the condition is met…

This recursive invocation ryt…

koryknick
Employee
Employee

@Noushin - thank you for confirming that you are doing recursion.

Can you provide the RUUID of the parent pipeline that executed 150 deep? I’m going to see if someone from the platform team can take a look since it doesn’t correspond with our documentation or my experience with recursion.