cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reason: Failed to send email message: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 587

abhisekbahinip
New Contributor

Hi All,

New to snaplogic and I am trying my hands on.

I am trying the email sender snap. I have already configured the email SMTP account with my test gmail account. I have tried both the ports 465 and 587. But i am not able to send the email. Could you please guide me in the right direction.

2 REPLIES 2

SpiroTaleski
Valued Contributor

@abhisekbahinip 

I think that you should enable the "Allow less secure apps" settings on your gmail account first. Since,  โ€‹โ€‹Google no longer supports the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password. 

BR,

Spiro Taleski

As of May 30 2022 google has removed the less secure apps option. There is no way to turn this on as it no longer exists.

Can you suggest any other way to test the email snap. Cause I have been trying the same with outlook as well. There I am hitting  locked account:

Reason:
Failed to send email message: 535 5.7.139 Authentication unsuccessful, account locked. Contact your administrator. [MW4PR04CA0341.namprd04.prod.outlook.com 2023-09-29T13:59:40.105Z 08DBC0E26440A40F]