cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SMB path with a + sign not able to write to location

doug_fossler
New Contributor

I am attempting to write to an SMB path that includes a plus symbol and no matter how I attempt to alter the path it fails to write the file.

โ€˜smb://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxxx/dir1/dir_2/dir_3/dir_4/A+A/dir_5/filename.csvโ€™

I have attempted to put %2B instead of the + symbol, a parameter that is only +, a parameter that was A+A, using double quotes around the entire path with โ€˜%2Bโ€™ instead of +, using double quotes around the entire path with โ€˜+โ€™ instead of just +, using \+, using \%2B, and a bunch of other variations.

What is the correct syntax and why is this not in the documentation anywhere?

14 REPLIES 14

christwr
Contributor III

As the name would suggest, these boards are more of a community forum, not product support. If youโ€™re expecting timely responses or dedicated support resources, then probably best to contact SnapLogic support and your TAM if necessary.

@christwr, I understand that, but I donโ€™t know 100% that I have the syntax right because your existing documentation online does not cover it specifically. So how would I know if it is a technical issue (bug) or if I am just using the wrong syntax?

Trust me, I am not expecting timely responses on here, but i would expect that if an employee responds it would not be to let me chase my tail.

jayakrishnan_va
New Contributor

@doug.fossler , could you please try again replacing + with a space or %20
Let me know if that works.
Thanks.

Jayakrishnan,

Depending on if the expression toggle is set or not, a space or %20 work fine, that is not my issue. I am attempting to write a plus symbol (+) in the file path.

Thanks,

@doug.fossler , let me know the directory name. Is it โ€˜A+Aโ€™ or is it โ€˜A Aโ€™ ? If the directory name is โ€˜A+Aโ€™ then there might be some bug in the SnapLogic snap. But if its โ€˜A Aโ€™ , i think a uri path space is to be encoded as %20 instead of +. Some systems like a browser can resolve + back to a space but some cannot. Maybe thatโ€™s the reason why you are getting an error message like โ€œThe system cannot find the path specified.โ€