cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SQL server snap - Unexpected Re-throwing connection error

tharunm
New Contributor II

Hi Community,

I was trying to access SQL server via snaplogic but I wasnโ€™t successful as I was facing an issue with the connection. Below are the two error messages when I tried with different plexes.

Error while validating with groundplex
Failed to validate account: Failed to retrieve a database connection. Cause: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: โ€œUnexpected rethrowingโ€. (Reason: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: โ€œUnexpected rethrowingโ€.; Resolution: Address the reported issue.)

Error while validating with cloudplex:
Failed to validate account: Failed to retrieve a database connection. Cause: The TCP/IP connection to the host ***********************, port 1433 has failed. Error: โ€œnull. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.โ€. (Reason: The TCP/IP connection to the host ****************************, port 1433 has failed. Error: โ€œnull. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.โ€.; Resolution: Address the reported issue.)

JDBC drives that I used:

1. mssql-jdbc-9.4.0.jre8
  2. mssql-jdbc-7.4.1.jre8
  3. mssql-jdbc-10.2.0.jre8.jar
  4. mssql-jdbc-7.4.1.jre11.jar*

Details:

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me on this.

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

A couple things to try on your Groundplex.

• If you donโ€™t specify a JDBC jar, the SQL Server snap pack will use the jdbc driver bundled with the snap pack (a 4.0 driver). So, try that if you havenโ€™t already.

• Try adding this property to the Url Properties at the bottom of the account.

trustServerCertificate=true

trust-server-cert-url-property

• If neither of the above help, letโ€™s trying pinning the TLS version. Add this property to Url Properties. Try v1 then v1.2. Iโ€™m not sure of TLS version enabled for 2016 sql server.

sslProtocol=TLSv1
    OR
    sslProtocol=TLSv1.2

Let us know results.

tharunm
New Contributor II

Hi Bowen,
many thanks for your response.

I have tried again with 4 different JDBC drivers, and also the default ones(by not specifying anything) and also by adding the URL properties as mentioned above, adding one at a time and both of the properties at a time, in my Dev and Test environments on 4 different groundplexes and yet the error remains the same. โ€˜Unexpected Rethrowingโ€™ as the driver couldnโ€™t establish a secure connection to SQL server.

so, we are still at square one I suppose.

Thanks.

Thank you for trying these things. Frustrating Iโ€™m sure. Let me do a little more investigation. I will post another update today. If that doesnโ€™t help you, Iโ€™ll recommend creating a support ticket as the next step. This seems configuration or environment related.

โ€œUnexpected rethrowingโ€ is an SSL exception raised by the Java runtime (v11). A full stack trace would be helpful to troubleshoot this further. I recommend creating a support ticket to resolve this.

At the bottom of Getting Help | SnapLogic, youโ€™ll see links to our online support portal.

tharunm
New Contributor II

Thanks Bowen,
I really appreciate your effort to help me resolve the issue. I did raise a support ticket last week, and Iโ€™m following up with them. No breakthrough. Iโ€™ll post here the fix to be done and the root cause to this issue as soon as I get the solution.

Best.