cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Text file to csv files (Many to Many) from folder

jojig_allot9
New Contributor

Dear Experts,

I'm trying to read text files from a folder and i need to create csv file in target file location. For Example:

i have 3 .txt files in a source folder and i need to create 3 .csv files in target folder. I have tried below approach but it's failing:

Directory Browser->ForEach->FileReader->CSVParser->Mapping->CSVFormatter->FileWritter.

Also i need to name the 3 different target filenames with dateformat EX: sourcefilename_yyyyMMddHHmmss.csv

Please let me know if anyone succeeded, Please share your experience or thoughts which will help me.

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1

endor_force
New Contributor III

Normally it should work in the fashion you describe, i have never used the ForEach. But try to create a child pipeline which will be executed by a pipeline execute snap and get the source file path from the Directory browser or a file poller snap.
First pipeline would be a Directory browser -> Pipeline execute
Second pipeline would be File reader -> CSV Parser (if this is what you need) -> Mapping -> CSV formatter -> File writer

Easiest way is that you construct and send the target filename as a pipeline parameter to the second pipeline, this way you can access it from the file writer snap easily via expression _target_filename for example
Make sure to set the batch size to 1 for the pipeline execute snap, it will execute the pipeline once for each file.

Suggestion on how to construct the target filename:

$Path.match(/\/([^\/]*?)\.[^\/]*$/)[1] + "_" + Date.now().toLocaleDateTimeString({"format":"yyyyMMddHHmmss"}) + ".csv"