cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Oracle Execute to run complicated SQL Select not returning any data

rmartyn
New Contributor II

I’m new to SnapLogic and was told by one of our senior SL developers that instead of using the Oracle Select snap, I could use the Oracle Execute snap to run a complex SQL select statement. When I try to do that though, I get no data and I can’t figure out how to get a “snap”, such as a csv formatter, to “connect” to it. The pieces are next to each other in the pipeline, but there is nothing in the spot in between them showing they have fitted together.

the only way I have been able to get it to work is by creating a database view representing the complex sql statement, then using an Oracle Select snap to pull the data from the db view.

7 REPLIES 7

rmartyn
New Contributor II

Hi Susan, thank you for your advice. I tried changing the execution type to validate and execute, but it still is not working. I also get nothing in the circle between the 2 snaps either.

dmiller
Admin Admin
Admin

@rmartyn Oracle Execute is not connected to CSV Formatter. Open the Oracle Execute Snap, go to the Views tab and add an output view. Save the Snap then make sure the circle between the two Snaps is shaded in.

Diane Miller
Community Manager

rmartyn
New Contributor II

Thank you DMiller!!! That was the piece I was missing!