cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is the best way to loop through data from a file... like an csv?

swright
New Contributor III

I have a csv file with person ID numbers in one column. I need to use the id number to act on person records in the cloud via REST.

What is the best way to setup a pipeline to get an ID, do some processing, then execute a REST snap, then go back and do the same for the next ID and continue looping through the IDs?

Thanks,
Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sg_sripathi
New Contributor III

@swright, if you refer to below pipeline. It will make two REST API call to two different end point (URL constructed using input) and with HTTP body content as you see in the example. So basically the REST snap will take care of processing each document for you.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

swright
New Contributor III

sl_test.txt (117 Bytes)

Here is some sample csv data as requested.

Thanks,
Scott

sg_sripathi
New Contributor III

@swright, not sure why you would require a complex setup. Is the processing complicated to be had in a separate pipeline. Most of the snaps process at document level, so you donโ€™t have to loop, including REST snaps.

swright
New Contributor III

Hi Sripathi,

Iโ€™m new to Snaplogic. I would love to have a simple setup. The CSV parser snap produces a json file with a separate array element for each id. I need to create endpoints for each ID to and pass the endpoints to REST snaps. It seems like I need to execute the REST snap once for each url that is created using the PersonNumber from the csv. In many programing languages this would be done using a loop. It would take the first PersonNumber, get/create the endpoints for the REST snaps and run the REST snaps then move on to the next PersonNumber and do the same with each PersonNumber until there are no more PersonNumbers in the array.

I donโ€™t know how to do this. Are there any examples?

Thanks,

Scott

sg_sripathi
New Contributor III

@swright, if you refer to below pipeline. It will make two REST API call to two different end point (URL constructed using input) and with HTTP body content as you see in the example. So basically the REST snap will take care of processing each document for you.

swright
New Contributor III

Thanks Sripathi! That worked perfectly!

Scott