cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Writing a forEach

krupalibshah
Contributor

Hello,

I have a use case where I am getting my input in tab delimited form, which after doing a groupBy N I am converting to an array so that I can make some comparison operation.

I need to extract the records from this array group for below mentioned conditions,

1. All records between a line starting with โ€˜8โ€™ and value of 5th column as 3 till line starting with โ€˜9โ€™.
  2. All records between a line starting with โ€˜8โ€™ and value of 5th column as 4 till line starting with โ€˜9โ€™.
  3. All records between a line starting with โ€˜8โ€™ and value of 5th column as 5 till line starting with โ€˜9โ€™.

Wanted to write a forEach to achieve 3 arrays as mentioned above. After getting the 3 arrays I need to check if all value of 3rd col of array1 are present in value of 4th col of array2 and pic only the ones that are present.

For doing all these I wanted to get some help to be able to get the desired output in optimum way.

7 REPLIES 7

Suvigya
New Contributor

Hi Aditya,

Can you please let us know what is approx size limit permissible? Currently we have less clarity on the same.

Thanks
Suvigya.

Hi Suvigya,

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am not sure how we can do this easily in Snaplogic, may be someone more expert in it will give you some good idea. I asked you about size because if it is not that big like few MB(s) or depending on the machine on which you are processing this file, you can write a simple program in any programming language, I would prefer Python because you can do complex things with few lines of code in it, you can achieve desired output very easily. Implementing your requirement is pretty easy in Python.

Thanks
Aditya

Hi Suvigya,

I just read your another post regarding making multiple documents as one, though you have mentioned in this post too that you are using GroupByN but I didnโ€™t know that with the help of GroupByN you can combine all the documents as one. So if you use a script snap after the group by N snap you can implement your logic either in Java/Python/JavaScript.

Thanks
Aditya