cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Snap Pack versioning is broken?

rpatrick00
Contributor

I have a custom snappack (version = 1, sl_build = 42) deployed in my organization’s shared folder that is in used by multiple projects. I have developed a completely rewritten version of the snappack (version = 2, sl_build = 1) that I have deployed in my personal project (projects/Robert Patrick).

I created a brand new pipeline (also in my personal project space) after deploying the new version of the snappack. Unfortunately, the pipeline is using the version 1 snap instead of the version 2 snap. What am I doing wrong? How do I build a pipeline that uses the version 2 snap?

22 REPLIES 22

Robert,

I can confirm that I’m seeing some errant behavior along the lines of what you’re describing, where the older version of the code appears to be executed instead of the newer code. I’ll create a defect ticket in our ticket system with a workable example.

For now, it sounds like you can work around this by keeping the version number at 1, correct?

Patrick

rpatrick00
Contributor

@ptaylor I suppose, though it is certainly not desirable… Thanks for your help!

ptaylor
Employee
Employee

Ok. Agreed: not desirable. Thanks for your patience. This is a tricky one to even understand the problem. I’m still trying to get a clearer picture of it through my own testing.